This is not fully my idea, but some of our customers rwere equested these.
IBM developed clients (like android) for all platforms. They would like to have some more control and security over the built-in clients, eg:
- client certificate based authentication
- container like worikg:
- appliacation lock (password)
- secure store for mail and attachments (disable export to "public" file system)
- private protocol (not active sync)
- common interface on all devices (good for eudcation and helpdesk)
It should be designed for corporate usage.
Example: NitroDesk Touchdown