There're some situations that existing "Replace Design" doesn't account for that I'd love to have:
1. The ability to replace profile documents from a template -- and replace them first, prior to updating designs that'd be dependent on them.
2. The ability to avoid scheduled agents and/or XPages -- which often have special settings and signatures due to server setup. This, plus warnings about which design elements now no longer function in the new server setting. It'd be great if Designer or Administrator had the ability to re-sign these elements with the server.
3. The abiliity to compare design elements that are signed differently due to the security signatures on the server, and only update those designs that have changed design, not simply signature.
4. The ability to "Ignore template sources". Often the target application is a merger of multiple design templates from different organizations. The source design template is ... well, a **new merger** that has been tested out, not simply updated designs from the main template. The old merger wouldn't function. (This is actually a request to optionally return to an R4 design-replace strategy, where this worked) .
5. Clone Deign -- The ability to "Replace Design" from "a single template source". Sometimes one of the secondary templates -- a template which is given a name in some of the design elements -- that secondary template needs to be replaced (not updated). I'd like to be able to make that update while not affecting the primary template at all.
6. The ability to do all design replaces in a separate, nonmodal window. I'd like the ability to say, maybe drag a Domino application icon onto the window, then select the items on that window nonmodally: template, options, and update.
7. Upgrade Design -- The ability to replace one named template with another.
8. Update Design from Template -- the ability to do a "replace design" from a single selected template by template name, replacing any later changes to the design that're still on the target database.